Saturday 21 September 2013

My First Prayer Request

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to you all for your support and kind messages! It's nice to know I have so many good, supportive friends and I hope I can update you as much as possible during my time at Bible college! =)

With just over a week to go, I have my first major prayer request!

I had been hoping to fund the course with a loan from Student Finance. However, after lots of mixed messages from them I have just found out that I am unable to get a tuition fee loan for my first year, despite the fact that I have never had one before. Although, I can have one for years two and three. Fortunately, I am able to get a maintenance loan, which at the moment isn't enough but I have been told that I can get it changed, which will cover my tuition fees. This still means I'm short on money for other things.

I have worked out I will have enough money to pay for accommodation at the Bible college, which includes food! Hurrah! But the counselling course has extra costs which the regular theology course doesn't have. This includes an intensive training weekend away (Thursday - Sunday) each term and counselling sessions. Each weekend away costs £190 and the college recommends around 20 counselling sessions at £30 each. On top of this I will also have general living expenses.
I don't want you to feel like you have to but if you feel that you want to and are able to give anything towards any of these costs then please contact me directly.

If you are the praying type, please can you pray that I...
can get the maintenance loan amount changed and quickly and easily without too much hassle
can raise the money in order to pay for these extra expenses
can carry on with the course without being too worried or distracted about it

Thank you! =)

<",)))><

No comments:

Post a Comment